The Kisii Training Centre, Kisii, Kenya is running an international course for engineers on labour based road construction and maintenance. The course runs for 6 weeks from 8th October - 17th November 2007.
The course is targeted at those with a civil engineering degree or technicians with a diploma in Civil Engineering. The course covers the following topics:
1. Choices of technologies
2. Inception, planning and organising of construction and maintenance programmes.
3. Management of labour-based programmes.
4. Engineering planning, logistics and design.
5. All aspects of maintenance.
6. Use of contractors in labour-based road programmes.
7. Management of people and self-development.
8. Rural travel and transport concepts.
The fee is US$5,900 and includes:
Tuition, field practicals, course materials, transport during the course, safe travel insurance, acommodation and meals and per diem of US$10 per day during the course.
For more information about the course please contact:
Kisii Training Centre
PO BOx 2254
Tel: +254 058 306999